POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Oct 2008 04:55:21
Message: <490ac7f9$1@news.povray.org>
>> I have an MPEG1 encoder. I don't have an MPEG4 encoder. You do the
>> math. :-P
>
> So get one. You can get a 15-day trial of the dix-X convertor free, and
> XVid is GNU GPL-licenced software.

In that case... it must have been DivX I tried. (I definitely remember
it being a "trail version"; all the encoded videos had a watermark on them.)

>> (Besides, the video looked OK encoded in MPEG1. Trouble is, YouTube
>> resized it to some much smaller spatial resolution, rendering it
>> unrecognisible.
>
> It's all YouTube's fault.

Well, I guess if I knew exactly what size it resizes them to, I could
render at that resolution in the first place... For the video I was
thinking of uploading, I'd have to crop it though. The interesting parts
are barely visible at the *current* resolution, never mind with
downsampling...